Thursday, August 02, 2007

writingwritingwriting

I can't seem to figure out why I've not been in the writing mood lately. It's not for lack of things going on in my life, that's for damn sure. I've just been so very unmotivated lately, and what with the summer heat and long work hours (haha! Three sentences in and I'm already complaining -- welcome back, BintBuNaz!), I've just been finding it especially difficult to get into Writer's Mode.

What very little free time I have now officially begins at around 1am. That's when the house is quiet, everyone's asleep and my brain is allowed to function for itself. The rest of the day I'm running around doing this for that person and that for this person -- endless and endless hours at work. After work, which is late to begin with, I go see a few friends to ensure I don't lose my social life completely, and then it's home for a little parent/daughter time.

By 1am (and I say this lightly -- I'm pretty sure I picked up my love for latenight from my dad, who sometimes doesn't make it to bed himself till much later), I'm physically and mentally exhausted. But it's my time, and I value it more than you can imagine. I read, I watch TV, I catch up phone calls, I play with the dogs... but I don't write. I can't write. I've been staring at a monitor all day and the last thing I want to do is sit in front of the computer again.

I tried going old-school, busting out with my journal and my favorite pen, but that kind of writing is officially no more, as far as I'm concerned. My brain thinks too fast for my writing hand -- I need the keys of a keyboard to keep up with the thoughts in my brain. This pen-to-paper business just isn't working out anymore.

I'm at work at the moment... it's a little slow, and I thought, "Hey! Blog!"

And so I did. And I'm glad. And I hope it lasts.

N.
"How soon 'not now' becomes 'never.'"

3 comments:

Delicately Realistic said...

Ditto!

Dont u wish you could just speak and have someone u just write/type it for u...like those guys in the courts click-clicking away!

My blog has been inactive for 2 months ;( thats the longest ever
but i dont what to say!

Men Who Do Cleavages said...

Ditto! delicately realistic

My blog's been in hibernation slightly longer but the blogger in yours truly has not. On a different note, sometimes you just cannot be motivated to move your arse to write and at other times, your mind is a blank slate with nothing on it to say out loud.

Anyway, N - Welcome back Baby! I know baby did a bad thing - went into self imposed exile third time round ( and still counting....)

BintBuNaz said...

DR,
Actually, I love the typing part -- it's the coming up with things to say that proves to be most difficult.

Let's just blame it on long, lazy summer days and promise that when the weather cools down, we'll be back to writing full force.

Jumping Translocation,
Baby DID do a bad, bad thing, but Baby promises she's coming back full throttle.

... y'know, just like she promised you the last time. :|