Thursday, December 14, 2006

The Devil Wears Pastels

Seriousy, has anyone else noticed that? Oprah's ALWAYS in pastels. Probably another reason I can't stand her. You can't ALWAYS wear pastels. In fact, you should never wear pastels.

ANYWAY.

Fantastic website The Beast recently (or not... this is from 2005) counted down the 50 most loathsome people in the United States, and I was thrilled to see Fauxprah had made the cut.

This woman is so irritatingly ... something... it just makes my blood boil.

Yes, I KNOW she's given and she's made and she's done and she's had and she's blaaaaahbitty blah blah. But everything about her screams FAKE! FAKE! FAKE! And she's so tirelessly condescending, it's a wonder her own inflated ego hasn't smacked her upside the head yet.

She gives, but she makes you feel bad for taking.
She jokes, but she makes you feel bad for laughing.
She talks, but she makes you feel bad for listening.

And she wears pastels ALL THE DAMN TIME.

So, yeah... I couldn't let this one go without a mention.

Here's Oprah's entry:

Oprah Winfrey

Charges: Winfrey's entire life is an exercise in self-aggrandizement, from the TV show which tells us what to read and how to live to her eponymous magazine, every issue of which features her smug countenance on its cover. More than just another insufferable Hollywood egotist, Oprah is something more akin to a housewife messiah, providing false hope and faux spirituality for experience-deprived worshippers. Everything she does is strategically designed to draw more praise, more devotees, and of course more money. Recently had celebrated poet Maya Angelou on her program to promote her new poem, which Oprah read for the audience as if she wrote it herself, as she seems to actually believe.

Exhibit A: Dr. Phil.

Sentence: Crushed by self-commissioned 40-story platinum Oprah statue.

BintBuNaz says: Amen!







"I'm the King of the World."

18 comments:

Unknown said...

7aram...I actually like her. Funny how people wither love her or hate her!

moe said...

You know, as much as I try and try to see the good in her... I just can't. People say she's an angel and blah blah blah, so yeterday(or was it the day before?) I tuned in to her show and she was talking to this nutritionist, discussing eating disorders. Anyways, halfway through the show she says 'you know, I recently bought a BEAUTIFUL MORBIDLY EXPENSIVE house IN CALIFORNIA and I wanted to be just as beauitful as that house, and it motivated me to lose all that weight' and blah blah blah ahhh she makes me sick. And she's totally naging 'Gayle', her 'best friend'.

moe said...

*banging, *beautiful. Argh. I'm sorry.

Anonymous said...

etnarfeznee hal mara! she's annoying and mean, yes mean that's how i see her anyways. Thank u N for that post baradtay galbee;p

Anonymous said...

you know?
i've always thought so but then everyone I know religeously watches her... I felt bad bashing her out.

I was nodding in complete agreement with you! enti saa777777777777 :-)

love you blog

Arfana

Anonymous said...

sorry if i might sound illiterate:P but i didnt quite get what pastels are:s
and is Dr. Phil one of the most loathsome people on that list too??

BintBuNaz said...

Asrar,
Yeah -- she's like avocado in that way. Only not as green, and definitely not as delicious.

Moe,
Gaaaaaaaarrgh, that's EXACTLY what pisses me off about her.

Gayle's hot, though.

Anonymous,
7athreen, afa 3alaich ;)

Arfana,
I try to keep my opinion of her secret not because I felt bad for bashing her, but because I'm SO scared of her fans. ... I'm always reminded of The Stepford Wives when I see her audience.

(no offense, Asrar!) :P

Sweet Lemon,
Pastels are the very cheery, very happy, very sunny light light light colors like lavendar and powder blue and baby pink and zwa3. :P

I can't remember if Dr. Phil was or wasn't on the list -- the link is on the site to the rest of the 50, though, so check it out. And if he's not on it, I recommend he be for 2006's list.

Which reminds me of something I read once:

"I wish Dr. Phil would kill himself. That would really f*ck up all the Dr. Phil fans."

Yahahaha! 7adda

Chic Politika said...

I hear ya.. I feel the same way towards FRIENDS, but I think I'm the only 20 something on this planet who hates that show.. so I kinda keep it to myself cuz the Fans scare me too

Unknown said...

Pastels... thats the new route to all evil. AVOID IT LIKE THE PLAGUE! I thought pastels are color charcoal used for artistic purposes. I will look it up. ma3looma yideedah :-D

Anonymous said...

heyyyyy thats not fair i like pastels:P but yea i agree with the fact that she does sometimes try to buy/bribe the audience into loving her by giving them lots of gifts on the show,and CHICPOLITIKA : HOW CAN U HATE FRIENDS??? im feeling offended! they are only like the best tv show ever! it aired for 10 years and the reruns are still shown..one can never get enough of that show.. i dont understand how u hate them..they are so un-hate-able;p if thats a word lol and sorry for the attack i just love them so much! hehe

White Wings said...

well, dr.phil is her worst doing so far :)
but we can't deny that she actually introduced intellectual reading to the public, she popularized some of the books that were only for academia..
she is a good friend of Maya, as a matter of fact, they go way back and so there is a sense of personal achievement in each other's doings
she is a phenomenon, we cannot deny that, but she gets very irritating at times, I agree
then again, for her money and fame, I am willing to be just as irritating :)
So, are you in Kuwait right now?

Anonymous said...

Oprah is just an ugly hoe from the Marcy projects in Philly. She used to spread em for 5 bucks back in the day.

BintBuNaz said...

Chic,
Prepare to be attacked.

Hussain,
That's just ONE definition. Pastel COLORS are the fluffy light baby powdery happy cheerful ones I mentioned earlier. *puke*

White Wings,
Yeah, I know... she's done a lot of good, but even that just seems so condescending when it comes from her. Sure, with her money and fame, she can be whatever she wants, that's very true. But I can't bring myself to understand her appeal whatsoever.
I am in Kuwait, yes :)

Anonymous,
Does Kitty Kelly know this?? She's writing the bio!

Chic Politika said...

Ya I know, u & me both.. Case in point --> sweet lemon :)

Delicately Realistic said...

Just testing to see if i can comment or not....
The Oprah re-run is playing in the background....something about elephants and john mayer...

Dr.Lost said...

OMG .. yes your frined, our shall i say our friend in common was right.. we do know each other.. from high school.. but i was class of 98.. you know my sister i believe.. and yeah i used to read ur old blog, i was upset that yopu quit blogging back then,, glad you're back .. :)

BintBuNaz said...

DR,
IT WORKS IT WORKS IT WORKS!!!!!

"something about elephants and John Mayer."

That killed me. In a good way.

Doc,
Heh, heh. See? I wasn't making things up. I still have no idea who you are, though. :|

N.

Anonymous said...

south. park.

"are we in paaaris, mingy?"