Sunday, December 03, 2006

You are cordially invited...

... so long as you don't tell anyone I invited you, cause I'm pretty sure I'm not supposed to.

ANYWAY -- tonight (Sunday, December 3) at 730pm at Hayat Regency Hotel, there will be an honoring ceremony and Dr. Ahmad Al-Khatib will be there and I'm sure it'll be loads of fun and stuff.

More importantly, however, the first Kuwaiti screening of 'When The People Spoke 2' by my pops will also take place. As most of you know, dad debuted his film at the NUKS conference in NYC last week (I'm sure my invite was just lost in the mail or something... ), and he's still there, trying to get back to Kuwait. Flights are getting canceled left and right due to the weather conditions out there, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he'll make it in time.

In any event, I did ask one of the guys responsible for this ceremony about invites and whatnot, and he told me that while they've sent out official invitations to certain members of the community, it pretty much is first come, first serve. If you can make it and find yourself a seat, then boy howdy! You're in!

Would love to see you guys there.

N.
"The beginning is the most important part of the work."

4 comments:

White Wings said...

tons of things to do today, I don't know where to go or what to do :)there is the screening of your pops' film, AL-Khateeb gathering and film week and Kuwait University...I think I am just going to stay home :)
all the best to BUnaz...give him best wishes from all bloggers...he knows, we are 100% behind him

BintBuNaz said...

White Wings,

I will definitely pass along your message. :)
Inshalla inshoofich at another screening soon, though!

N.

Anonymous said...

i totally and completely second what white wings said:( which is sad really + i have to register for next course at 7pm:( please schdule more screenings ASAP
and let us know thanks for the invitation ..i will try my best to catch a seat if i find the time
But more screenings in the upcoming weeks would be more convenient:P

BintBuNaz said...

Chikita,
There will definitely be more screenings, and between dad and I, you'll be hearing about every single one of them, promise. :)

Shades!
Maybe that CB&TL night helped?